Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Thoughts....


Well, the weekend is just about over and it has been a busy one indeed and next week shall be as well. I hope this Sunday finds you in good spirits. I wish we had a relaxing weekend as seen in this picture with Racer but it was not. Most of Saturday was spent at church helping to paint and prepare the children's Sunday school classrooms. They are starting some exciting new things at church for our first through fifth graders. They are taking this time to clean,paint and redecorate the much needed classrooms.
It is simply amazing what the kids will be able to participate on a given Sunday. They will have five center rotations of Science, Arts/Crafts, cooking, drama and computer that will be all tied into the weekly sermon. Each grade will rotate on a weekly basis to each of the learning centers. The kids are just as excited as I am. The main focus is to capture their attention and help crystallize their retention using the different learning avenues. It is a real homeschoolers dream come true. What makes it is that it will be all Bible based.
My hubby and I have volunteered to take on the Science center for five weeks. I will try to post more about that soon in an up and coming post.
The wheat free diet appears to be helping Dancer. She is no longer complaining of stomach aches. It is taking a lot of learning on my part. I feel like I am always in the kitchen now either baking more bread or preparing something else. Yesterday was hard as all the others were taking a break from painting and eating pizza and Dancer couldn't have any. Her and I ate Taco Bell fast food instead. She was a little disappointed but she was glad not to be suffering from a stomach ache later that night! I have to say that I am becoming quite educated in the different flours that are out there; I never knew that there was so many. I am also enjoying the food but do miss not being able to drive through IN and Out and pick up cheeseburger in a bun. We haven't done too much fast food lately....one step at a time.
Well, with a full school week ahead I must be going and do some school planning.

0 comments: