Monday, January 19, 2009

Here are some new things I am considering.....

Here is a list of some new things I am considering....

1. Shorter lessons 30 minutes max. (Not too sure if this is really going to work-But I am trusting the Lord on this one!)

2. We already added an artist study and composer study earlier in the year. The kids are enjoying this.

3. Planning on participating in the Outdoor Hour challenge which uses the Handbook of Nature Study. I have had this book on my shelf waiting to be used. This will be a challenge for us since we live in the suburbs.

4. Having the kids participate in more life study skills. Considering a building project with the boys and more sewing with Dancer.

5. Our Poem memorization is working well. We will continue with this.

6. Using the new Language Arts ideas to fit with our History studies too. I'm thinking of having the kids write a short paper as if they lived in Egypt maybe as a Pharaoh. Just an idea we shall see what they come up with.

7. Need to create a Peace Place in my home for the kids to work out anger issues. You can find more information at http://www.ourjourneywestward.com/ for this.

I am sure I may come up with a few additions to this list but in this case less is best for my sake and for my little ones.

I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this week. It helps that we have had a holiday weekend and are taking it easy to watch the Presidential Inauguration this morning it gives me time to mull things over in my head.

I will try to post again soon and share with you how we have implemented these new things.

Blessings,

Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Peace Place! I have to check that out. Thanks!