Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great Link to Share....

I have a link to share with you today that I stumbled upon this afternoon. I was in the process of ordering my library books for the new Ancient Greece unit we begin the first week in February. The site that I found is www.mainlesson.com At this site there are hundreds of out of print books written before the mid 1920's broken down by authors and genres.

I found one written by Alfred J. Church (1829-1912) called Three Greek Children. The whole book including the table of contents are available to either read from your computer screen, print and read or read from another electronic device such as the new Amazon reading device known as Kindle. It seems that most of the books shared have strong values and virtues to instill in young kids.

I read a few paragraphs from the book mentioned above and was drawn right in. I can't wait to share it with the kids once we begin our study of Ancient Greece.

I hope you get a chance to check out the site. Now I am more intrigued about purchasing a Kindle because I know of another site that carries Henty books online too for young adult readers. Hmmmmm.....Something to consider....

Blessings,
Amy

2 comments:

PlainJane said...

Just scrolling down and catching up with your CM teaching make-over. You are such a good teacher - I wish we were neighbors. :) I hear that nature book is very good.

Wishing you a good weekend!!!

Mom of Many Hats said...

Thank you for the sweet comment Jane.

Blessings,
Amy