Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day


Happy Veteran's Day!

We had a long weekend. Over the weekend I was able to get a jump start on my Christmas to do list. I enjoyed sewing most of the weekend working on holiday gifts for the family. I will try to post pictures soon of my different projects. Two of them are so quick, easy and cost effective. I promise to share them soon as well as our Science lapbook we are finishing up this week.

Today the family and I spent most of the day at the Richard Nixon library & museum for the Veteran's Holiday observance. The kids enjoyed putting their election skills information to the test. My oldest was amazed at how votes were tallied in years past elections. Both Dancer and Sport also remarked on how the electoral college state votes have changed since Nixon's era.

I hope you had a great holiday.
How did you spend your Veteran's holiday?
Blessings,
Amy

1 comments:

PlainJane said...

Hi Amy, just popping in to let you know I have posted the winner of the waffle recipe. Although you didn't win, your recipe was a favorite and very close. Thank you for participating and for the recipe. I have some leftovers in the freezer that we will be eatting soon.

I am making a mental note to stop by soon. I really should be making supper now - but just wanted to let everyone know. I'll be back soon.
Blessings,
jane