Thursday, November 6, 2008

Easy Fall Craft


Here is an easy fall craft I did last week with the kids. We had gathered some acorns a few weeks ago from a local live oak tree and wanted to use them in a fall craft. I decided to make some fall napkin rings with the kids to decorate our Thanksgiving table.

Here are the supplies listed that we used to make these:
several paper towel tubes or toliet paper tubes
felt in fall colors
hot glue gun
raffia
acorns

First we roughly guessed the desire size for each napkin ring and cut each cardboard tube into sections. We got about 4 rings from each cardboard tube.

Next we measured and cut a piece of felt long enough to stretch across the tube and glued it into place. Lastly, we decorated each napkin ring by adding raffia and acorns.
Enjoy!












2 comments:

Twice as Nice said...

We're having a give away and would love for you to be a part of it :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I have NEVER seen acorns that shape. I definitely have acorn envy! I can see many uses in the gnome house! Are you at all interested in gathering up a few and selling them? I totally understand if it's too much of a fuss, but if you do, just drop me a note at Wee Folk Art. Anyway, I love the napkin rings. I always love to bring nature indoors, and it's an extra bonus when you can make useful items!

Kimara
www.weefolkart.com