Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas project photos to share



Well, I finally got around to taking a few photos of some of my finished Christmas projects that I worked on last weekend. Sorry I can't post all of them. I wouldn't want to spoil the fun for family reading this blog.




The first one I share with you is for Dancer. She loves to cook and the apron that she has now is in sad shape. I also wanted to make a matching one for one of her American Girl dolls. Sadly, I just had enough fabric for two. I have been trying to use up a lot of my fabric I have had stored away for years. Believe me I do have a lot. Four large storage bins filled. The color came out terrible from this angel. It is lavender with a pink rick rac trim. The one apron took me about four solid hours one night. I was up late that night after the kids were in bed sewing on my machine.



The next item I share with you is a real necessity. My oldest son Sport has a large baseball hat collection. I just don't have enough hooks or wall space in the boys room. I found the Simplicity pattern for this on sale for $1.00 over the holiday weekend. I was even blessed to find jean material in the bargain bin to be use for this project.








This next project I share with you is a very easy and quick. I finished this project in about 2 hours. All I used was a red turtleneck purchased from Walmart. I had a few different styles of Christmas fabric for Dancer to choose from. She chose the teddy bear print and I measured the desired length for the dress. I cut enough fabric to go around the whole end of the turtleneck with plenty of extra for gathering. Rule of thumb is to double the measurement of the circumference of the turtleneck. I don't thing I did exactly that but it worked. Cut the material and add a hem with lace or ric rac or another trim if desired. Run a gathering stitch and add to the base of the turtleneck and sew in place.
I even had lace left over to add some at the neck of the turtleneck. It sure is easy and she now wants me to make one for her doll to match. We shall see. I'm not sure I have enough fabric on hand but I may be able to pull something together.
I sure had fun with these projects and now I'm off to create some more.
Blessings and I hope you are inspired to create something homemade this holiday season.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to be so far along in your holiday crafting. Seems with all the things we do for our craft blog, I've yet to get to some of my MUST dos! I guess that's what the hours between 12 am and 2 am are for, right? :)Anyway, love everything you've done. I'm sure you'll have some very pleased recipients!

Kimara
www.weefolkart.com