Monday, November 17, 2008

Egyptian Pyramids



If you are looking for the Christmas projects, I did post them. Please read below. I needed to post something again to hide the cover post from my little ones.


We are currently learning about Ancient Egypt in our history studies. It is simply amazing to myself and my kids historical and Biblical accounts of Ancient history. We are learning just so much. Today we had fun learning about the pyramids. After the kids read some books about the pyramids we added a write up for our lapbooks. I had them learn and find information about the three different types of pyramid that were built in Ancient Egypt. They are the step, smooth sided and the bent style pyramids. They added pictures of each kind and researched where in Egypt each one is found.

Next the kids got messy with sugar cubes and glue to create a step pyramid. I think they had more fun eating the cubes than building. It was quite tricky for my two younger ones. This is where Math concepts stepped in and Math patterns were formed. I will need to remember to look up some more pyramid Math problems on the internet for my oldest to solve. He enjoyed it immensely. Here are a few photos to share with you in our building process.


Hope you enjoy,

Amy

0 comments: