Sunday, August 24, 2008

Fun and not so Fun First Week of School.....



At first glance of the blog title I know what you are thinking.... We have all been there once in our lives. We were so excited to start to school but once school had begun we couldn't wait for the day or year to quickly come to an end. I am sorry that was not my intention for posting that title for you. You see, I have a new Kindergartner this year and he was feeling under the weather this week. He was suffering from that nasty head cold that seems to be going around. He still celebrated and did a relaxed style of learning this week and he was a real trooper through everything. As a Mom I made sure he had plenty of love from Mommy, lots of juice, and the comforts of his parents bed with the humidifier on. He is now on the mend and is bouncy back to his happy self once again as the week drew to a close.






Our first day kicked off with a special breakfast. I made them some special butterfly rolls. Here is a close up picture of one of them. I found the idea on a website. I am sure if you google it you may find it, if you are interested in making them for your little ones too. To make them take a roll of the large oven baked biscuit dough such as Pillsbury. Remove all 8 biscuts from can and slice each one in half. Spread each with a small amount of the jam of your choosing and seal it carefully. Cut them in half lengthwise, making two halves of a biscuit. Bake in oven according to the package. Cool completely. Join two pieces together and add Rediwhip cream for the butterflies body, strawberries, chocolate for eyes and I used a fruit roll-up cut and rolled for antennas. YUMMY!!



I also had the kids decorate a sign to show what grade they are in. We also filled out a questionnaire in which I measured their height too. The kids love to visually see how much they have grown.
I'm also amazed how fast they are growing too!!
















For the rest of the day the kids had fun decorating and personalizing their new school folders and getting to look through their new books.
All in all we had a great first day despite my Racer felling under the weather.
Blessings,
Amy

0 comments: