Thursday, August 28, 2008

Creation vs. Evolution Lapbook


Here are some pictures to share with all of you of our Creation vs. Evolution lapbook that the kids enjoyed creating this week. Please keep in mind that this was done with a third and fifth grader. At this young school ages my main focus was just on definitions, who Darwin was, to Compare and Contrast (just at surface level) and to give a few reasons why the theory of Evolution is false. Please excuse the spelling errors inside the lapbook that is one of our weak areas that I am addressing this year.
**Please excuse the website link on the lapbook cover. I should have had the kids cut that out before they pasted it. Oh Well.....



This is a photo of the Creation lapbook back cover.

To begin this lapbook I assigned each of my children a side to work on. Since my oldest is in fifth grade I gave him the Evolution side to work on and my third grader was assigned the Creation side.


Oh, I also would like to point out that these lapbooks were glued together as one giant lapbook. I hope that helps.


I had them also learn about the Scientific Method process. Something that was review for them from a couple of years ago. We talked about what are theories and how do they move from a hypothesis to a theory and them become a proven theory and ultimately a fact.


Here is a picture of the left side of the Creation lapbook. Many of the print ables for the Creation pages I got from Lapbook Lessons. This site is fabulous and if you have kids who enjoy lapbooking then this is the site to add to your favorites.
















This is the inside center of the Creation Lapbook. The Garden of Eden picture I found just by googling it. My daughter loved it.














Here is the left inside of the Evolution Lapbook. The picture of Darwin was from Google.














This is the center section of the Evolution lapbook. Again the photos used here were found from Google.



This is the right and final section of the Creation vs. Evolution lapbook. The pockets that you see here were found at Homeschool Share website. This website is another one that needs to be added to your favorites list.

My son decided what the pockets were to be and he even wrote some information about each inside the pockets.

I hope you attempt to make a Creation vs. Evolution lapbook of your own with your kids we enjoyed making this one.

Blessings,

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great job! It looks really beautiful. I can tell they worked really hard on it.

Natalie said...

Wow- this is great!

What other books/resources did you use in your study? We are using Mystery of History and just talking about the Ice Age and Dinosaurs, so I'd love to do this with my kiddos.

(I found your blog through Lapbook Lessons.)

Thanks!
Natalie

PlainJane said...

WOW WEEEE, GREAT LAPBOOK!!! A work of art. I love the Garden of Eden picture too!!!

We are doing an Old Testament Lapbook (just finished Creation); an Early American History one; and a Weather one right now.