Monday, August 24, 2009

Trouble with Latin

Over the past couple of years I have attempted each year to teach my kids Latin. Each year always facing the same struggle. Our main frustration was trying to find the right Latin curriculum to fit each child and for myself.

This year we set out again with high hopes with a new Latin curriculum....


You ask why teach Latin? You don't need to learn a dead language. Yes, Latin is not a language openly used today but it has roots in many languages used today. It is also found that those that study Latin improve their language proficiency scores and helps them learn other related languages. If your kids love Science or Charlotte Mason styled Nature Studies like mine than Latin becomes quite useful.

Fortunately, the past two curriculums didn't scare my kids away from wanting to. They still have the desire and motivation to learn Latin. I just pray that I can keep up with it and make it an enjoyable subject for them the best I can. Praying that our third try at this will be a charm.

Will keep you updated on our Latin study progress.

0 comments: