Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of School Traditions 09-10 School year



Summer went way too fast again this year. Last week my kids were begging to start school again. Yes... I did say begging. Let me just say this is not always the case. Last week we were pretty much house bound out of choice. I just needed the free time to get things together for school to begin. Summer has been busy days filled with swimming, play dates, VBS, vacation and just leisure days. By God's grace I was able to accomplish all what I needed to finally begin our year.



Here is a brief description of our first day back to school and some traditions to share with all of you.....





We have a few back to school traditions that we do around here. Breakfast is one of them. Usually I make them a fancy breakfast. This year I opted for something different...new. I took them out to a local restaurant. They specialize in breakfast. In fact they serve just about any style of omelet, waffle, pancake or crepe. Absolute yummy! Definitely not a place to go if one is on a diet. The kids loved it and it was a great way to get them back into the routine of waking up early.






















Once we got home from breakfast another tradition we have around here is that I take pictures of them with a sign of their current grade level.




I also make a point to measure their height and the kids love to jump on the scale to check how much they weigh. (They are still young...mind you. LOL).






Another neat tradition that we do in our home is to write an welcome letter to the new school year written especially for them. They get a big kick out of this and Daddy usually throws in a small gift.






I hope you had fun reading about our first day. May God bless you with a special school year.

Blessings,
Amy
















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to come over for breakfast!