Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reading and Blessing


I have been so blessed to be a stay at home, homeschooling Mother ever since my children were born. I have never regretted that choice. It is a God given privilege everyday to be called their Mommy and their teacher. Yes, we have those days when I want to pull my hair out but the blessings are far greater. I have been the one to teach all my children to read. Here is a photo of my youngest learning to read. It just melts my heart to see the connections that their little minds make. The light bulb moments and the smiles and hugs that follow. Thank you Lord, Jesus! You are Awesome!!



5 comments:

PlainJane said...

Hi Amy!
What a nice place you have here! Your kiddos are darling! It looks like from the photos that you are a gal/friend after my own heart - putting all your creativity into the children's learning. Good for you! You will have no trouble doing HOW.

Well, I have you added to my Friends list so I can visit often. Feel free to add me too. I'll have to catch up with your past posts. I love the history photos - esp. the Abe Lincoln one. lol I love those lightbulb moments too!
Blessings to You & Yours,
Your Friend,
PlainJane

Jennifer Hoots said...

Hello. I am a good friend of Jane's and wanted to introduce myself. We are blessed to stay home and do life with our kids.
Jenn
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jenn4him

Jennifer Hoots said...

PS.. I noticed you have a Homeschool Lounge Button. I'd love to add you to my sisters. What is your name over there? I am Jenn4him.

Mom of Many Hats said...

Hi Jenn,

Yes, you can add me as a lounge sister. My name is Amy and it's the icon of a family at a baseball stadium. My lounge site isn't anything elaborate. I am totally new to this blogging world.

Blessings,
Amy

Anonymous said...

So precious! We are truly blessed.