Sunday, January 27, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring.....



Rain, Rain Go AWAY!


It has been raining here now in Southern California for more than a week now. As I write this our roof is being pounded on by yet again more rain. Our backyard is now beginning to flood. Our ground is just so saturated. The weather reports say that this is the last of the storms for now but we shall see. I guess this is what we get when we have been praying for rain.


Our state in a drought and officials have warned that water rationing would take effect next year if water conditions didn't increase. So far God has answered our prayers. Last night they announced on the news that here in Southern California we have had more rain than Seattle, Wa this year; hard to believe that.


The reason I write this is to not only thank the Lord for answering our prayers but to share with you some photos from last Sunday just a few hours of what our family got to do before the rains hit here in the Southland. What a difference a week makes.....


Last Sunday we took the kids on a local hike here in the foothills. The weather was crisp, just perfect for such an outing. We took the kids to an area that my hubby and I had our engagement photos taken some 13 years ago. I can't believe how time just flies by.











Our kids enjoy it when we share old stories of our childhood or of our early engagement/married life. It is so important to share your stories with your kids. It helps in the molding of their own lives.







Finding a past time to share with the family is another great thing. Our family enjoys hiking. Our favorite place to be is in the mountains. My boys love to climb big trees and throw rocks in streams. My youngest son right now has a fascination with Davy Crockett. He has fun reenacting the parts of his adventures in the woods. My daughter loves to look for various animals. I'm hoping to start a nature book with them someday soon.


I can't wait for this rain to go away soon. Who knows I may be having to teach a homeschool class on ark or boat making if we don't dry around here. I also am looking forward another family hike.
Enjoy your Sunday !!

0 comments: