Saturday, August 25, 2007

Our First Day of School



August 20, 2007


School is Here, once again! The dog days of summer are now coming to an end. We celebrated our first day of school today with a more relaxed and fun feel. After morning devotions, I had the kids create a poster of them and their grade level in school. I took a picture of them both individually and together. We played Math baseball to see where I should start them in their math books. Baba was in on the action too. He is starting Pre-K. I gave him some Math questions geared to his level. The kids also brainstormed some ideas for a summer vacation writing assignment. We read books about the ear. The Konos unit we are beginning this school year is Attentiveness and the Five senses. We did it years ago when Chip was in Kindergarten. I thought I would revisit it again for Baba. I will have to make it a little more challenging for the older ones.




For lunch the kids got to make their own pizzas. They had lots of fun rolling and tossing the dough. Later in the day, I had the kids make their handprints with air drying clay. I now have all the kids handprints.




Everyone is excited to begin the new school year. I am a bit hesitant and slightly overwhelmed at homeschooling all three. Chip is now in fourth grade, Coco is in second and Baba is in PreK. Just like every school year I pray that the Lord will give me direction and guidance. It is a real walk of faith to homeschool the kids each year. I have the assurance that He will, just as He has each and every year. Our Heavenly Father is faithful.
Blessings,
Amy


0 comments: