Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Game to Remember




Last Thursday we took the two boys to a Dodger playoff game. It was memorable event for all of us. Three out of four of us had never been to a playoff game before. It was quite an experience. It is like a regular game on an adrenaline rush. The atmosphere and energy from the crowd is amazing to witness.




What made it more excited is that we witnessed a potential losing game get turned around in the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs. In a playoff game some fans believe that they are the reason for getting the scores to change in their teams favor. They will yell louder and from what I witnessed turn their baseball caps completely inside out. Some even turned their glasses upside down and their t-shirts inside out.


A funny story to share about this is I discovered near the end of the game that our youngest son, Racer's shoes were on the wrong feet. I corrected them and went back to watching the game. Shortly after the Dodgers tied the game up, a man seated two rows behind us told me that I was responsible for getting the Dodgers to win because I switched my sons shoes. Now to have that kind of power or influence over a game I do not claim to have.

It was an awesome game to be at. Truly a priceless moment to witness. Here is a short video that I took during the event. Sadly, I missed the winning run in. I had my camera in hand to capture my family's expressions. Just to catch the expressions on my boy's faces was so worth it.

0 comments: