Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Things the I have been up to Lately...

As always it has been very busy around here. I don't think there is ever a dull moment. I'm sure I will have plenty of these in my later years of my life but for now I'm enjoying every minute I have with my young kids.

I have been doing some redecorating in my living room. I became very inspired from reading the Nester blog. I went ahead and tried my hand at window mistreatments. They did not come out exactly how she suggested so I did do a little sewing to make them long lasting in the years to come. I also finally dragged out my fall decorations from the garage to get my home in gear for one of my favorite seasons. I just love fall and spring. Both are completely on the opposite spectrum. Here you have spring and new life is being created all around. Easter is a glorious celebration of the new life we receive in Christ once we accept him into our hearts. For fall it is the foliage. It is nature's last hurrah until winter approaches. Here in Southern California I can only dream what fall foliage really looks like as seen in pictures. With the warm temperatures our trees are still changing colors even in the winter. There have been many warm Christmas afternoons around here with highs in the upper 70's and fall leaves piled high.

I have added a few more subjects in our school time this year. Finally, I have been able to add Art appreciation and Music appreciation to the mix. We shall see if they will last after the holidays that is the true test. We are currently learning about Bach and just finished Mary Cassatt. Today I had the kids participate in Home Ec. After morning devotions we worked in the yard for an hour to clear our vegetable garden area in preparation for a winter garden. We just worked for an hour before running inside to escape the soon to be 100 degree temperatures. Later after the rest of our studies I had the kids copy a recipe and bake some yummy lemon bars. Daddy will just love today's Home Ec lesson.

We as a family have also been following the elections and the bail out debates. All of us have our many opinions mine is of prayer. This is a great opportunity to reach out to others to offer prayers and help when needed. Yes, we all depend on money but money can't buy you salvation and you can't take it with you when you die. If we put the Lord first in our lives every thing else falls into place.

I will try to post some pictures soon. My prayers are with all of you who read this blog regularly. May God grant you His everlasting Peace!!

Blessings,
Amy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's starting to get cooler in the south. I whopping 70 degrees. I love fall too but I haven't decorated a thing. Enjoy your family and Happy Homeschooling! :)